Week 2, Monday, 9.07 am, and it’s Stats-flashing time again.
Followers – 91
Total Views – 2,144
Views on Best Day – 502
Views on Worst Day – 47
Blog link with the most clicks – pouringmyartout (pmao’s blog), and bipolardisordersucks (Dorothy’s blog) have the same amount of clicks.
I’ve copied the top posts and pages again – I’ll stick with the All Time view so you can see how well (or not) your categories are doing in comparison to the week before if you want to.
|* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *||718|
|Humour / Satire||155|
|Journal / Diary||71|
|Art / Photography||70|
|Fiction / Poetry||64|
|What Is Dotty’s Choice?||64|
|Thoughts / Reflections||48|
|Home page / Archives||45|
|Big Blog Stats – 1||44|
|How To Put A Picture/Button On Your Blog (How To Use The Image Widget)||35|
|Dotty’s Choice – Art / Photography||28|
|Beauty / Fashion||27|
|Topical / Political||27|
|Cookery / Recipes||23|
|Physical Health / Illness||23|
|Film / TV / Music||21|
We haven’t had ANY views from Search Engine Terms.
Top Commenter (apart from ME) is pmao with 8, closely followed by Misfit, paralaxvu and buckwheatsrisk with 6 each (as it stands now – I haven’t done the comments for today yet).
I think that’s it. Anything else you’d like to know?
A few people have asked how to put The Big Blog Collection button on the side bar of their blog so here’s how –
1) First, right click on the picture/button and save it to your computer.
2) On your Dashboard, click Media – Add New, then upload the picture from your computer to your Media Library. When it has uploaded, click Edit then go to File URL and highlight the address, right click and copy it.
3) Next, go to Appearance – Widgets. Under ‘Available Widgets’, scroll down until you see one entitled ‘Image’. Left click on it, keep the left click held down and drag it across to the primary widget area on the right.
4) In the Image widget box, click on the text bar for Image URL then right click and paste the link you copied from your Media Library.
5) At the bottom of the Image widget box, where it says ‘Link URL (when the image is clicked)’, add the address of the blog you wish to link to so if you’re doing the Big Blog button you’d link it back to here, if you’re doing a picture for your own blog you might want to link it to one of your pages.
6) If you don’t want any text with the picture click Save.
7) If you do want text give the widget a title, put a caption if you want one, then click Save.
8) Have a look at it by clicking on your Homepage.
9) If the picture/button isn’t the right size for your blog, go back to the Image widget and adjust the numbers in the Width and Height boxes – increase or decrease them gradually to get it to look the way you want it to.
10) If you want to move the picture/button up or down on your blog, go back to Widgets, pick it up and move it up or down inside the primary widget area box.
Some blog themes have extra areas to display widgets as I discovered when I made this blog – my other blog only has one sidebar. Play around with the widgets and the widget areas on your blog – you won’t do any damage to your layout, if you don’t like a widget just drag it off and discard it.
I hope this helps. It might look a bit complicated but once you’ve done it once or twice it’s easy (if I can do it, anyone can).
All I’m going to say about this blog is I LOVE IT.
If you visit, make sure you have some time to spend there because once you start looking through you won’t want to stop.
Hope you like it too!
Everyone loves obsessing over their own Stats, don’t they? How many views, how many new followers, which posts people are reading? But what about the Stats on OTHER BLOGS? Do you ever wonder about them? We never get to know what’s happening elsewhere until someone hits a new milestone and posts about it.
Do you want to have a regular look at the Stats for THIS blog, no matter how good or bad they are? Of course you do. I know I’m running the blog but I made it for us ALL, so it’s only fair you get to see what’s happening too, especially those of you who are participating in the promotion of it by putting the button on your blog or the other stuff you’ve been doing (THANK YOU!). The more new people we get coming here, the more likely we are to get new readers for our own blogs – and that IS the whole point of blogging, isn’t it, to have people read what you write?
Okay, so it’s 11.25am on Monday and the blog has been up since Friday night and these are the Stats as they stand at the moment. If I’ve missed anything out that you’d like to know, tell me.
Followers – 64
Total Views – 1,391
Views on Best Day – 502
Blog link with the most clicks – pouringmyartout (find the blog in Humour/Satire & I can’t remember where else he put it)
Top Posts & Pages (I’ve copied and pasted this so you can see how popular the categories are).
|* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *||461|
|Humour / Satire||104|
|Art / Photography||62|
|Fiction / Poetry||52|
|What Is Dotty’s Choice?||45|
|Journal / Diary||34|
|Home page / Archives||34|
|Thoughts / Reflections||27|
|Topical / Political||23|
|Beauty / Fashion||22|
|Cookery / Recipes||18|
|Film / TV / Music||17|
|Physical Health / Illness||17|