Category Archives: How To
If you have more than one blog and you’d like to list your other(s) separately, in different categories, feel free to list as many as you like – same rules apply – two categories for each blog, three if you’re British (the third being ‘BRITISH’).
Thank you, Angel Fractured, for asking about it.
This is Angel’s new blog. Go and have a look.
A few people have asked how to put The Big Blog Collection button on the side bar of their blog so here’s how –
1) First, right click on the picture/button and save it to your computer.
2) On your Dashboard, click Media – Add New, then upload the picture from your computer to your Media Library. When it has uploaded, click Edit then go to File URL and highlight the address, right click and copy it.
3) Next, go to Appearance – Widgets. Under ‘Available Widgets’, scroll down until you see one entitled ‘Image’. Left click on it, keep the left click held down and drag it across to the primary widget area on the right.
4) In the Image widget box, click on the text bar for Image URL then right click and paste the link you copied from your Media Library.
5) At the bottom of the Image widget box, where it says ‘Link URL (when the image is clicked)’, add the address of the blog you wish to link to so if you’re doing the Big Blog button you’d link it back to here, if you’re doing a picture for your own blog you might want to link it to one of your pages.
6) If you don’t want any text with the picture click Save.
7) If you do want text give the widget a title, put a caption if you want one, then click Save.
8) Have a look at it by clicking on your Homepage.
9) If the picture/button isn’t the right size for your blog, go back to the Image widget and adjust the numbers in the Width and Height boxes – increase or decrease them gradually to get it to look the way you want it to.
10) If you want to move the picture/button up or down on your blog, go back to Widgets, pick it up and move it up or down inside the primary widget area box.
Some blog themes have extra areas to display widgets as I discovered when I made this blog – my other blog only has one sidebar. Play around with the widgets and the widget areas on your blog – you won’t do any damage to your layout, if you don’t like a widget just drag it off and discard it.
I hope this helps. It might look a bit complicated but once you’ve done it once or twice it’s easy (if I can do it, anyone can).