Monthly Archives: July 2012
I’m a day late with this week’s stats. Sorry.
Week 6, Tuesday, 7.30 am
Followers – 150 (wOw! 24 new people this week! Excellent!)
Total Views – 4, 117
Views on Best Day – 502
Views on Worst Day – 9
Views on Best Day last week – 188 on Tues 24th
Views on Worst Day last week – 37 on Sat 28th
Blog link with the most clicks –
eastofmalaga is the All Time Most Clicked with 55 clicks in total.
Next on the list is Dotty Headbanger (my blog!) with 47 clicks
Then it’s emorfes (the blog I chose for my first Dotty’s Choice post) - 28 clicks
Then it’s a list of gravatars (it bunches them all together into a drop down list) – 24 clicks
Then pouringmyartout (pmao’s blog) and bipolardisordersucks (Dorothy’s blog) are tying again with 11 clicks each.
All Time Top Posts & Pages
Search Terms (All Time)
|big blog collection wordpress||1|
|how to add a button to wordpress blog||1|
|how to put a picture in a blog||1|
|the big blog collection wordpress||1|
|big blog collection dotty||1|
Country Views (All Time)
I don’t know what country CW is.
Top commenter is pmao.
Top Referrers (All Time) – apart from me (330) and WordPress (110), the top referrers are themirthofdespair (Angel’s blog) and humaninrecovery (Kina’s blog) with 39 each. THANK YOU BOTH VERY, VERY MUCH.
That’s all folks.
If you have more than one blog and you’d like to list your other(s) separately, in different categories, feel free to list as many as you like - same rules apply - two categories for each blog, three if you’re British (the third being ‘BRITISH’).
Thank you, Angel Fractured, for asking about it.
This is Angel’s new blog. Go and have a look.
Week 2, Monday, 9.07 am, and it’s Stats-flashing time again.
Followers – 91
Total Views – 2,144
Views on Best Day – 502
Views on Worst Day – 47
Blog link with the most clicks – pouringmyartout (pmao’s blog), and bipolardisordersucks (Dorothy’s blog) have the same amount of clicks.
I’ve copied the top posts and pages again – I’ll stick with the All Time view so you can see how well (or not) your categories are doing in comparison to the week before if you want to.
|* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *||718|
|Humour / Satire||155|
|Journal / Diary||71|
|Art / Photography||70|
|Fiction / Poetry||64|
|What Is Dotty’s Choice?||64|
|Thoughts / Reflections||48|
|Home page / Archives||45|
|Big Blog Stats – 1||44|
|How To Put A Picture/Button On Your Blog (How To Use The Image Widget)||35|
|Dotty’s Choice – Art / Photography||28|
|Beauty / Fashion||27|
|Topical / Political||27|
|Cookery / Recipes||23|
|Physical Health / Illness||23|
|Film / TV / Music||21|
We haven’t had ANY views from Search Engine Terms.
Top Commenter (apart from ME) is pmao with 8, closely followed by Misfit, paralaxvu and buckwheatsrisk with 6 each (as it stands now – I haven’t done the comments for today yet).
I think that’s it. Anything else you’d like to know?
A few people have asked how to put The Big Blog Collection button on the side bar of their blog so here’s how -
1) First, right click on the picture/button and save it to your computer.
2) On your Dashboard, click Media – Add New, then upload the picture from your computer to your Media Library. When it has uploaded, click Edit then go to File URL and highlight the address, right click and copy it.
3) Next, go to Appearance – Widgets. Under ‘Available Widgets’, scroll down until you see one entitled ‘Image’. Left click on it, keep the left click held down and drag it across to the primary widget area on the right.
4) In the Image widget box, click on the text bar for Image URL then right click and paste the link you copied from your Media Library.
5) At the bottom of the Image widget box, where it says ‘Link URL (when the image is clicked)’, add the address of the blog you wish to link to so if you’re doing the Big Blog button you’d link it back to here, if you’re doing a picture for your own blog you might want to link it to one of your pages.
6) If you don’t want any text with the picture click Save.
7) If you do want text give the widget a title, put a caption if you want one, then click Save.
8) Have a look at it by clicking on your Homepage.
9) If the picture/button isn’t the right size for your blog, go back to the Image widget and adjust the numbers in the Width and Height boxes – increase or decrease them gradually to get it to look the way you want it to.
10) If you want to move the picture/button up or down on your blog, go back to Widgets, pick it up and move it up or down inside the primary widget area box.
Some blog themes have extra areas to display widgets as I discovered when I made this blog – my other blog only has one sidebar. Play around with the widgets and the widget areas on your blog – you won’t do any damage to your layout, if you don’t like a widget just drag it off and discard it.
I hope this helps. It might look a bit complicated but once you’ve done it once or twice it’s easy (if I can do it, anyone can).